页面

2016年4月5日星期二

Swinburne Prom Night 2014

This post is sooooo long overdue... I KNOW. HAHAHA
Throwback to Year 2014 and now it's 2016. HAHA

Actually, I was hesitant to write this post because I'm not satisfied with my own photos. LOL! I know this is a weird reason, but I just can't help it. I don't like to upload my ugly photos on any sort of social media because having ugly photos already make me feel unhappy, and why would I still need to recall those memories again? Nah...no need to make urself down again right. Although I'm not the typical pretty girl but still I care about my reputation. HAHAHA macam I have my reputation. XD

I still can't accept my appearance for that night even though it was taken like...2 years ago? That's why I never post any prom photos from 2014 on my Instagram.

Well, but I finally decided to write it now because I have put in a lot of effort to organize this event and it should be recorded as part of my memories of my uni life. I don't care about my super ugly appearance anymore! HAHA actually still care

So yeah, do bear with my ugly selfie. I won't be angry if you tell me it's ugly too. XD Alright I'm digressing for quite some time now...Let's go back to the main topic.

I won't write the time and energy I have contributed for this event in this post, but that makes for another post; so this will just be a happy post, I guess. ^^

Here comes to the poster of Swinburne Prom Night 2014 that organised by SSSC and this year I named it as Swinburne Sarawak Diamond Ball and the theme was 'Shine Bright Like A Diamond'.
People may wonder what is Diamond Ball stand for and I know some of them do not understand the meaning of 'Ball'. Actually the word 'ball' came from "Ballroom", and it show how grand the event will be. I know this sounds weird, but there are some people who doesn't know this.... but it's Okay. HAHA
OH, we do have a promotion video for this event and this is the link if you wish to watch click me

These are the tickets for the ball, and it's name card size. I chose a simpler design because I like it simple and clean. The cards contains only 3 colours, namely gold, silver and black. The silver side actually have blink blink effect! Initially, my design has embossed effect on the gold side, but too bad the printing company doesn't provide this service...I wanted to get it from Taobao, but it will take way too long...

Tada! This is the venue, Four Point by Sheraton.

My very very matured look... and I don't like it. HAHAHA
went to a makeup studio and had my hair do and make up but turn out......T^T

Oh ya, forgot to say I'm the organisation chairperson (OC) of the night and I'm super duper busy for whole day!
Others can have more time to prepare themselves but I was busy since that morning. T.T 
I would say a lot of preparation couldn't be done on time. =.= 
The guy next to me is the emcee of the night --- Mr. Lionel 
He is an experienced and famous emcee in our uni and it's really nice to work with him.  

Reception team (but some of them are just photobombing) XD
What I want to point out is...(*please look at the left side*), that's is the door gift that we have prepared for those who have purchased their ticket. Too bad I couldn't find any closed up photos of the door gift. The door gift actually contained 1 Ferrero Rocher and 2 mini Cadbury chocolate and packed with small red bag. #chocolatelover 

Some crowd of the night

VIPs from my university

We provide a huge sign board for people to leave their signature.
Sign like a star!

Started the event with my opening speech confidently but...actually I was so nervous that time, but luckily it went smoothly. Hehe

Swinburne Dance Club lead the opening dance with EXO -- Overdose
Thanks to Adeline who taught us this nice Kpop dance ^^
Can you spot me? XD

We prepared a lot of entertainment and lucky draws for the night.

Violin + Piano performance by Gabriel & Ivan (Ling brothers)
Too bad I was unable to enjoy their performance because I was busy changing my outfit after I'm done with my own performance. ><

 Singing performance by Louis Ting & his team ( pianist + violinist )
I would say bro u win liao! Hahaha

Other singing performance by Maria Nisha, Patrick Wong and Nishantani + Peggy was slotted in between the event.

Of course, we also prepared 5 rounds of lucky draw on the night with 5 prizes each round from small prize til big prize. So many happy faces because most of the tables at least have one lucky person got their lucky prize. Hehe

Nomination for Prom King and Prom Queen of the night

Another dance performance by Swinburne Dance Club and this is couple dance.
Guess which pair is the only one real couple in the dance. Hahaha
Yes, it's Ke Wei and Mian Wei from the left bottom. XD
This dance is choreographed by Tony and I. There are still so much room for improvement. HAHA 
Ballroom dance wasn't easy to choreograph but at least we tried. Blekk
Anyway, it was my first try, and well done to all of the dancers, especially Henry and Stella. God knows how little time we have to practice and it is not easy to have strong engagement in such a short time. HAHA 

Another Violin solo performance by Adrian

Prom King won by Louis Ting *clap* and Prom Queen won by.....me?!
TBH, I was really shocked when Lionel announced my name, and that time I was busy eating because I'm too hungry and there's not much time for me to sit down and enjoy the food ><
Being voted Prom Queen was totally out of my mind and I hardly believe that I have won it?! Like seriously?because I was expecting nomination number 1 to win it, but turn up is me  0.0 AHAHAH

Anyways, thousand THANKS for those who have voted for me! * 90 degree bow*

Randomly found this result in the changing room and I was surprised that my votes are really higher. *still can't believe it*
My friends gave me a theory about the votes which makes sense: In a popularity contest like this, it doesn't really matter how you look or how skilled you are. All that matters is whether people like you or know you. In short, the more friends you have, the higher your chance in winning. There's always a group of people who would disagree with the results, but it is fine because you can't satisfy everyone.
Therefore, the reason why I could won the Prom Queen is most probably because lots of my friends joined the event. HAHA
Besides that, some people might think I rigged the votes because I'm the organiser. Unfortunately I would have to say I'm not in charge of this but another group of committee was. 不要太看的起姐, I don't have the ability to control and I scorn to rigging votes. I was so busy for the whole night already and you think I stupid enough to involved in this again? You must be kidding man. HAHAHA

Dance performance from Swinburne Dance Club by Ryan Kong ft Cindy

2位歪果仁合唱
Singing performance by Joshua & Lionel
Joshua surprised the audience as he's not only singing in English, but in Chinese as well!
When I first approached him to request for a performance, I wanted him to sing a Chinese song, and he agreed. Wheee! I knew him because he was my classmate and we communicated in mandarin for a few time. He sang Jay Chou's song, and yes, surprised sounded everywhere. Hahaha.

Not to forget, it was Jean's birthday on the same night too. 
Tata! Surprised Jean!

Ending time and everyone was busy to have photos taking session with friends.

The crazy + picky food hunting gang of mine. XD

Main point is... *look at the 2 guys in white shirt*  
They are the photographer of the night.
Linus Chin and his assistant, Dylan Chen

Group photo by the couple dance performers XP

The only 4 flowers in SSSC 2014

Whole team of SSSC 2014
阳盛阴衰

撞色3人组,但是还是姐穿的最好看!HAHAHA #就是这么的自信
Coincidence: I wore the same colour with my programme coordinators.

We prepared some props for photoshoot and this Instagram frame is one of them. XD

Wefie with Adeline before we perform. 

#guystyle

One of my besties, Zhang Zhe
哲哥你真是帮我太多啦!=D

The handsome guys from Dance Club

The pretty girls from Dance Club

Group photos from SDC #右边的那一位硬是要挤进来

Groupfie from us

My patner of the night -- Ivan
Sorry I couldn't spent much time with you due to my busyness.
Unlike some of the committee could spent more time with their partner because they have a responsible oc  but still thankful for you understanding and love for me. Heh #你最好了

The exhausted but happy face
Finally this event is over. Yayy

Serious vs Crazy

Finally, I could said it's over! 
Oh wait, actually we have another programme --- SSSC debriefing early tomorrow....T.T 
Alright, that marked the end of Swinburne Diamond Ball 2014! Bye!







没有评论:

发表评论